Pages

.

First Reaction: Noragami Episode 1


I normally don't watch anime as they're airing. Sure, sometimes I do, but I always feel like you get more of the story watching episodes within close range of each other. Well, I'm trying to break out of that shell by watching two anime this season: Noragami and Magical Warfare. Since the first episode of Magical Warfare hasn't aired yet, I'll be talking about Noragami right now.

I was genuinely surprised by this anime's first episode. I honestly thought, despite being produced by Bones, that this would be average at best, considering how much effort will be put into creating Space Dandy. Well, they didn't skimp here. Though it does feel like familiar territory, this anime introduces some fresh ideas that are interesting, along with the likable character that is Yato. He's like a combination of Edward Elric and Tamaki from Ouran High School Host Club, if that makes sense. If this anime gets a dub (pretty likely since it's liscensed by Funimation), Vic Migona, pick up the mic! As for the other main character that was introduced, Hiyori, she's...bland. Yato stole the spotlight, honestly, and is what made the first episode enteraining. Also, a mention of the first opening. It is awesome. I really love the style it uses, and its song is pretty catchy.

So, to conclude, I will be following this show. It has great potential, and I really hope it utilizes it. Who knows, this could become one of my favorites.

Future Edit (1/22/14): This is worth watching! I'm loving this show, and I'm only three episodes in! I will also eventually review this when it finishes, so I'll see you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment