Pages

.

First Reaction: Soul Eater Not! Episode 1

Huh. Well, that was better than I thought. 

My fear was that this show was going to fall into the trap of the moe-slice-of-life genre, and unfortunately it kind of did, the only think making it different being the setting. But, to be perfectly honest, the setting is all the show really needs at this point. We saw some of the old Soul Eater characters (albeit they have been injected with moe), and the new characters...generic. The first episode also had respectable pacing and answered one of the many questions about the original show; how does one get accepted into the DWMA? Apparently, the ability to turn into a weapon is not passed down from generation to generation.

I guess my only real problem with this anime so far is the fact that it seems to be on a more slice-of-life route with moe elements, but again, maybe it's not such a bad thing. We didn't really get to see how the school functioned in the original, so maybe another show that looks at a different aspect of the world that Soul Eater set up will be refreshing. I enjoyed the first episode, so I will continue watching this anime and hope for the best...though I get the feeling that this anime will become boring quickly. 

Future Edit: I have given up on this anime. The more and more that I think about it, the more and more that I lose hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment