Pages

.

Spring 2015 Anime Review

Hey it's HSMediaNerd, here to bring you some more content! So, about the Spring 2015 season of anime...not going to lie, I thought it was rather lackluster, with the exception of some phenomenal sequels. I haven't seen or finished some of the more popular shows like Food Wars!, The Heroic Legend of Arslan, Blood Blockade Battlefront, My Love Story!, Plastic Memories, or Sound! Euphonium yet, but from what I have seen from this season, I can't say it was one of the better ones. However, summer is shaping up to be a better season fortunately, but that's a blog post/video for another time. For now, let's get to reviewing the Spring 2015 anime that I've finished.
Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Words Season 2

And, so comes the end of my most hyped series of 2014. I am honestly kind of surprised by how much my opinion of the Fate franchise has changed over the course of a year. I mean, I still think Fate/Zero's a decent watch, but this...uh...was kind of a mess. I've stated my thoughts on the first cour of this show already, but as for the second cour, it was definitely more enjoyable but still fell flat. My main problem with the show was that the majority of the dialogue felt really dragged out, which is understandable because of its source material, but just because it's understandable doesn't mean it's excusable. The lack of any major character development really didn't help matters either. The highlights of the show, however, did make the watch worth it, as the fights were still entertaining and the animation was really good. I'd say give it a shot, but only if you can stomach the copious amount of exposition.
5.5/10 
I Can't Understand What My Husband is Saying Season 2

I'm not going to lie, as much as I enjoyed the sequel to my favorite anime short of all time (well, maybe except Teekyu), I can't help but feel slightly disappointed. Not to spoil anything, but the first season ended on a huge cliffhanger that I thought would be addressed in this season, but the creators beat around the bush until the final few episodes, and even then nothing is resolved. Though, I would not mind seeing a third season of this at all, because despite that procrastination, I still laughed, still loved the characters, and still found myself smiling at the end of every episode. Go watch it if you liked the first season, and let's cross our fingers for a third!
7.5/10

Nisekoi:

Speaking of beating around the bush, I've started to become rather annoyed with this show's lack of progression. Yeah, it was kind of cute in the first season how self-aware it was about its slow pacing, but by the end of this season I was left frustrated rather than charmed. I still think the show's characters and comedy are entertaining, but I'm not sure if I'd be able to stomach another season of this, which is surprising considering how much I enjoyed the first season. The second installment in this franchise, however, lacks a point, which unfortunately is making this franchise even harder to recommend.
4.5/10

Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches

This is a show that kind of devolved over time. Yeah, the first few episodes were kind of rushed, but the show was still enjoyable nonetheless, and Yamada and Shiraishi are still my OTP of the season. However, by the end, the rushing became really apparent, which made the impact of some supposedly emotional scenes feel weak and pretentious. Though, if there is something I would like to denote about this show, it at least has a freaking ending. Most shows of this nature generally cop out of endings, but this show decided to take a step further and its ending actually feels conclusive. So, would I recommend this show? Sure, if you'd like to kill some time, but other than that, it's nothing to write home about.
5/10

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders - Battle in Egypt

If you thought I've been too negative in my recent short reviews, it's time to put those negative opinions to rest and focus on the good the Spring Season had to offer. What better way to begin than with Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, my second favorite anime of all time? Well, the second half of the Stardust Crusaders arc was just plain fantastic. All of the great villains were saved for this part, with some standouts being Anubis, Alessi, Vanilla Ice, D'Arby Older (and younger), and of course, KONO DIO DA! Also, the final fight between Jotaro and Dio was totally worth sitting through forty episodes of Jojo to watch, because, unlike most other shows, it actually lived up to the hype. I'm really hoping for a Part 4 anime, so David Production better announce it soon or I'm going to suffer from CJW (Chronic Jojo Withdrawl). Though I probably already am...
9/10
Kuroko's Basketball: Season 3

What a journey this has been. Like with Jojo, this is an anime that I've stuck with for a long time, and I don't regret a single moment of it. While there were some major pacing issues, I felt the payoff was completely worth it, with some fantastic animation and music. Also, seeing the characters I've grown attached to over the course of the show achieve their goals was immensely satisfying. Maybe Kuroko isn't the most well-written sports anime to ever come around, but it's still my favorite, and it will be hard for any sports anime to top it.
8.5/10 

My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU: Zoku

All I can say after watching this season is...wow. Just...just wow. Why the heck did I ever doubt Studio feel (okay, I know why I did, but seriously). This season of OreGairu was so incredibly good, to the point where I was crying over the fact I wouldn't be able to watch any more. Maybe it's just my personal attachment to this series, but this sequel completely surpassed my expectations in the best way possible, and also gave me my favorite moment of 2015. So far, this is AOTY for me, and I find it difficult to believe that Summer and Fall will offer a better anime than this (except maybe One Punch Man...if it lives up to the hype)
9/10 (10/10 in my heart)



Well, that's all from me. What did you watch in the Spring Season, and what did you think of the season as a whole? Leave it in the comments wherever this is posted, and I'll see you guys later!



No comments:

Post a Comment